CURRENT PROJECT:

Tyranids Hive Fleet Hades

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hive Fleet Hades: Carnifex Incarnate......

Once again life has attacked and gotten the better of me! However, I've found time to paint, and because I'm still participating in the Independent Characters painting challenge I have some serious work to make up!

 

 So on to the Carnifex! This is the first large beast I've tackled painting wise in my Tyranids army, and I have to say it's more difficult that I imagined. Large models required several layers of base coat in order to smoothly coat and cover the surface. I quickly got frustrated, and when I tackle my Tervigon's I'm going to break out the airbrush to help speed along the process. I'm hoping to shave a few hours of basecoat time out of the mix this way. 

 

This represents about 4 layers of highlighting on the carapace, from dark brown up to Karak Stone color. I'm going to give it another coat of a dark brown wash in the recesses and then I have two more successive highlights up to Ushabti bone. Then the green skin gets highlighting, and the details picked out. I'll keep you posted, I'm hoping to have this bad boy done this weekend, work permitting!


This guy just screams "Who wants some!"




 

No comments:

Post a Comment